Monday 13 June 2016

Alternative therapies for fibroids

Today is my 18th day on 100% raw vegan diet. 



Last year I gave up meat, dairy, alcohol and sugar and thought that with the help of acupuncture, reiki, meditation and prayer fibroids will disappear. 

It didn't work. I had acupuncture every week for 8 weeks. Reiki most weeks and meditated every day.  Sadly I had also taken Agnus Castus which made me bleed for months. 

In this instance, alternative therapies didn't work for me. It seemed. 

My fibroids are far too big: two 7cm beasts. 

The Guardian does these wonderful Science Weekly podcasts (very similar to AAAS) where they introduce new ideas in a good informative and concise manner. 

How do placebos work? The science of mind over body - podcast is a conversation with scientist and science journalist Jo Marchant (2016) who wrote on the subject in her book titled Cure: a journey into the science of mind over body; she proposes that there should be an all inclusive health system embracing conventional medicine and alternatives because it has been proven that placebo works as well as does good GP and hospital care where patients are given time and value as a person.

In many instances it has been scientifically proven that the idea of being healed is enough for the brain to release necessary chemicals to combat some physical illness. It is not magic, she says. Placebo has a real biological affect on the body. However, this is not the case with all illness. 

Similarly, an anthropologist Anne Fadiman wrote a fantastic book about the tension between conventional and alternative medicine in the healing process of a young Hmong child in the USA. Hmong people are originally from Laos and some fled to the USA in the 1970s. Their traditional medicine is shamanic and in The spirit falls and it catches you, Fadiman provides evidence to suggest that shamanic healing worked very well with conventional medicine to prolong the child's life beyond all medical expectations. It is a beautiful read - highly recommended. 

Those are just the two references I mention but there are many more and evidence is overwhelming for the alternative therapies.  They, however, need the help from us and the conventional medicine. 

In one of my previous posts I said that I am embracing my healing process from the perspective that the body is sick and so it is what I put inside it which will make it heal. It is my strong belief that praying and meditating has given me the knowledge and the strength to embrace this 100% raw vegan diet. It is a socially enormous change that has a potential to ostracise me from others who follow a standard diet of eat whatever. 

I continue to meditate every day and keep sending the signals to my body that I am decisive and unfaltering in the quest to heal it of fibroids and anything else that may have been lurking in the background. 


A little bit on the side: 

A family friend with Parkinson's loves to dance 

because it is the only time that Parkinson's stops. 

It's like magic. 



Raw but warm mushrooms



As I write, the oven is on at 47 degrees Celsius. Inside it: organic mushrooms filled with the paste of cashew, mushrooms, long green beans, onion, garlic and salt; greased generously with hempseed oil. It will stay in the oven for a couple of hours then be served with finely chopped fresh cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, avocado, orange peppers and most likely a lot of other veg from the fridge. 

Cabbage has anti cancerous enzymes, as well as tomatoes; onions and garlic are anti-inflammatory; avocado, oil and cashew are fattening - one dares to believe! 

May we all embrace health!  


2 comments:

  1. Hello everyone, just a quick note to let you all know about a herbal doctor who cured my daughter of FIBROID, his name is Dr. Uduehi.I read about him online while searching for a solution, I reach out to him for help and he administered his medication on my daughter.The multiple fibroid shrink down and her pains like: Heavy menstrual bleed, Pelvic pain, Backache and difficulty emptying the bladder gone after the treatment. She went for test and she was tested fibroid free at the hospital. doctor's contacts: (+2347084878384) (uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gina, I saw your comment about Dr. Onokun medication concerning Fibroid sometime ago and you were right, I tried it and it worked like magic for me. It was like hell living with FIBROID all this years until now, no more pains, bleeding and no miscarriage and I would've come with my testimony before now but I have to wait for a couple of months to see if it will regrow again but there's still no sign of fibroid, I also went to the hospital for test and still i was tested negative. All thanks to Dr. onokun  and to you too Gina. And for anyone out there who wish to try can reach the doctor through  Email: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2349064844957  

    ReplyDelete