Sunday 5 June 2016

100% Raw - first week or so

The first week of 100% raw I was feeling tired. I googled raw diet detox symptoms rather a few times and was rest assured that it is OK to be tired for a little while. 


A few days before I went 100% raw my abdomen felt enlarged and fibroids seemed to be at their peak greatness. I was so scared that they were growing. I had to intervene. I had to take charge. So, I stopped eating cooked food. Then stopped eggs, then bread. The last to go was coffee.

Last few days I'd go to coffee shops order an espresso and sit there for a while. For half an hour, maybe longer, and only take about three sips. I didn't want to poison my body any longer. I didn't want to feed Bob and Max (the fibroids). 

About four days into my all raw lifestyle I was starting to feel tired for a while. I lost some blood through menses but not much. Therefore, it couldn't be anaemia. I didn't want to take any chances so I juiced beetroot and used spinach as the main base for my salads. I perked up after a few days. 

I was feeling lousy - to be totally frank. 

I put it down to broken heart and lack of coffee. I loved a lot, and I drunk a lot. A lot of strong black coffee which always made me happy. The weather too, was rather miserable which was not helping. Furthermore, my cat was euthanised and my father ended up in the hospital. Reflecting on the last couple of weeks like this makes me laugh and figure that perhaps it is best to suffer all pain at once. 

Today, about the 10th day into 100% raw: I feel good. I do get the odd flashing image of fresh bread and eggs. Even a cake comes to my vision sometimes which is most strange since I have lived without cake for years now. With an exception of a few months when I lived abroad. 

My transition to raw was very long. 

In 2012 I stopped eating all artificial sugars. I also gave up all saturated fats and had my steaks lean and pink. 

In April 2015, meat, dairy and booze got ousted. By January 2016 I was back on the booze, fish, chips and cooked vegan foods. Stuff which I'd hardly ever eat. Things like chips and crisps... 

Luckily, I always ate a lot of fruit and veg and I get to continue to eat it a lot more. 

What I am saying is that going raw has so far not been painless. Moody and depressive. But, like I said previously, it could be for other reasons. Giving up coffee alone is rather tough. And I still have a feeling that I will drink it again sometime. A bit like other drugs, cigarettes and men: at first the habit to think of them seems permanent. But, everything changes and so will my cravings. 

I find that practicing giving up is the best way to get there. Do it a few times until it works. One day at the time. 

I almost went raw in the summer of 2015. But, I couldn't.

I thought that socially I was already at somewhat a difficult position because I wasn't drinking. (Most of my family and friends drink booze.) Now, I just want those fibroids out. Social outcast or not the body comes first. 

1 comment:

  1. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or call him +2348164728160 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete